Carindale - Eastern Suburbs
Carindale has some of Brisbane's grandest homes in its dress circle near the Pacific Golf Course, one of Brisbane's best courses. They are the sort of homes you can't help driving past and ogling for their lavishness and ornate exteriors. The suburb was established in the 1980s and still feels quite new and modern. Most of the homes are brick and there are some modest residences as well as the mansions.
The suburb has an excellent bus service and close access to the Gateway Motorway, M1 and airport. There are good schools - both private and state, close by.
- Many people from surrounding suburbs visit Carindale for its huge Westfield Shopping Centre where you could easily lose yourself for a day at a time.
- Carindale also has plenty of parks and green areas, particularly surrounding Bulimba Creek, which winds its way through the suburb.
- There are kilometres of bike paths and walking trails as well as off-leash areas for dogs and playgrounds for children.
- All in all, there's a wonderful amount of green land and beautiful reserves for locals to enjoy.
- Carindale is roughly 10km from Brisbane’s CBD. Nearly 60% of households in this area are comprised of couples with children and a further 9% are single parent families. Stand alone houses account for over 92% of all dwellings, with townhouses accounting for a further 6%.
- Carindale is a fairly new suburb and the housing reflects that, with modern brick and tile homes being the norm for this area.